The Australind Pioneer Memorial Park is located across the road from the First Settler Landing Stone Memorial Seat which commemorates the landing site of the Trusty bringing early settlers to the area in 1842.
The Park is a small pocket park that commemorates the Pioneers of Australind and is enclosed by a simple bush timber fence. First planted circa 1843 by Lucy, Rachel and Caroline Clifton, two of the three original peppermint trees still stand plus a fig tree brought from Tenerife Island in 1841.
The land was donated to the community in 1992 by Miss Emily K Clifton “on the condition that it be maintained permanently as a Memorial to the Australind Pioneers”.
The park forms a part of the Australind Heritage Trail.
369 Old Coast Road, Australind WA, Australia