The historic Brunswick Memorial Hall stands pride of place on the main street of Brunswick and hosts many events.
It was built in three stages on land donated by the Brunswick Farmers Association; the original Agricultural Hall in 1894, brick additions in 1926 and an enlarged brick building that replaced the Agricultural Hall in 1936.
The current Brunswick Memorial Hall was constructed by the prominent architectural firm Cameron Powell & Chisholm and local builder Mr Joseph Johnson. A portion of the original hall, including the main entrance, was retained. It was opened on 15 July 1936 by Sir James Mitchell.
For generations, the hall has been used by the local residents for balls, weddings and functions. At one stage, it hosted weekly picture shows. The entrance porch to one side, which contains an old ticket sales office, has a memorial plaque to the fallen soldiers of 1914-18. There is also a commemorative list of the fallen in World War 2 in the main hall.
Capacity: Up to 300 people, including the Main and Lessor Hall, plus ancillary rooms and communal facilities.
Facilities: Stage, piano, kitchen facilities, disability access main and lessor halls.
For bookings, please visit harvey.wa.gov.au
34 Ommaney Road, Brunswick WA, Australia